Conduct and submit tests
Once you’ve logged in to SimpleReport, you can begin conducting tests and submitting results to your public health department:
- Make sure that you’re on the “Conduct Tests” page. It’s the page that appears once you’ve logged in and picked the facility that you’re working at today (if your organization has multiple facilities). You can also get to it by clicking Conduct Tests at the top of the page.
- In the text field just below Conduct Tests, enter the name of the person you’re testing.
- Confirm the person’s full name and date of birth. Then click Begin test to the right of their name.
If the person you’re looking for doesn’t appear in the search results, make sure that you’ve spelled their name correctly. If you still can’t find them, you’ll need to add them before proceeding with the rest of these steps.
- The person you’re testing will need to answer a test questionnaire. They can do so on their phone or by telling you their answers. Ask them which method they prefer.
- Follow the instructions below for whichever option the person chooses.
Text link to smartphone
Select Text link to complete on smartphone. Make sure that the phone number that appears is correct and can receive text messages. (If the number is incorrect, update the phone number in the person’s profile, and start again from Step 1.) Then click the blue Text link button at the bottom right of the window. The person you’re testing should receive a text message with a link to the questionnaire. Instruct them to complete it and submit their responses immediately. They’ll need to submit their responses before you submit their test result.
Complete questionnaire verbally
Select Complete questionnaire verbally. The test questionnaire will appear. The first question asks the patient how they want to get their results. If they choose to get their results by text, they’ll get a notification as soon as you submit their results in SimpleReport. (The text message includes a link to a secure portal to check their result.) If they don’t want their results via text, you can also print a copy.
You can ask these test questions now, or click Continue and come back to them later. Either way, you’ll need to complete them before submitting test results.
- The person’s name will appear on a card on the “Conduct Tests” page. You can continue with their test or, if you’re testing multiple people at once, you can repeat the previous steps for each of the people you’re testing.
- Collect the swab from the person you’re testing and prepare their sample.
- (optional) On the person’s card, click the blue button with “15:00” and a stopwatch icon to start a 15-minute timer. If your device’s sound is on, you’ll hear an alarm at the end of the 15 minutes. You can restart the timer at any time by clicking the blue button again.
- Below the person’s phone number, you’ll have the option to select the testing device from the dropdown. Make sure that the correct device is selected. (It defaults to your facility’s primary device.) If the device you’re using isn’t on the list, ask an administrator to add the device to your SimpleReport facility settings.
- Once the test is complete, select the result of the test on the right side of the person’s card: either “Positive”, “Negative”, or “Inconclusive”.
- Make sure that you’ve completed the test questionnaire. You can review the questions by clicking Test questionnaire on the card. A gray PENDING tag means that some answers are still missing. A green COMPLETE tag means that all questions are completed.
You can submit the results without completing all of the questions, if the person being tested declines to answer them.
- Click Submit.
You’ve successfully submitted the test result to your public health department. You’re all done. If you have the SimpleReport permissions to do so, you can also review submitted results.